CLUB HEAD - SATURDAY FEB 23RDUnfortunately, due to the very strong stream conditions that we are currently experiencing, we do not feel that we can run the Club Head safely this Saturday. However, we are very happy to say that the race will run on SATURDAY THE 23RD OF FEBRUARY exactly as originally planned. We will out on a barbecue, show the Six Nations clash between England & France on the big screen in the afternoon and put on a disco at the club in the evening.
Entry details etc are below.
TwRC SUPER SATURDAY - FEB 2ND
We may not be running the Club Head this Saturday but we are still going to have a brilliant day! Come along at 9am for an indoor ergo competition and then at 1pm in the afternoon for an incredible day of food, drink, rugby and dancing.
THE ERGO COMPETITION
9am registration, tea and toast (£2 contribution each please)
- 9.30am Individual Mens 2km (handicap for vets) 3 heats available
- 10.00am Individual Womens 2km (handicap for vets) 3 heats available
- 10.30am Adult Team races 3km 3 heats available
- 11.00am Juniors Individual 1km 3 heats available
- 11.30am Juniors Team races 2km 2 heats available
We will be linking 6 ergos with their “progress” shown on the projector – so competitors can see how they are faring against their opposition.
Entry to race is £3 per rower.
THE AFTERNOON & EVENING
- We will be cooking a fantastic barbecue featuring organic beef burgers and sausages from Laverstoke Park
- We will be showing TWO games of rugby on the big screen… WALES vs IRELAND at 1.30, and the big one, ENGLAND vs SCOTLAND at 4pm
- Please bring your friends, for the warmest welcome on a rugby day in Twickenham and excellent value beer thanks to our awesome drinks specials
- There will be squad vs squad boat races in the bar (not the juniors!)
- And we'll be putting on a fantastic disco in the evening, possibly with disco lights thanks to Eddy Lester's neighbour.
- See you Saturday! Please drink responsibly.
Here are some more details about our second ever Club Head on February the 23rd!
Our Club Head is a private race for everyone who rows out of TwRC, run over two divisions. Anyone can enter anything they like from a girls junior single to an mens masters eight. The race runs 3800m downstream from Teddington Lock to the white steps just in front of Richmond Bridge and is well marshalled by TwRC coaches.
The racing finishes at midday but that's just when the fun starts! There will be a fantastic Barbecue, cake sale (please bring cakes to donate!) and other further events all in aid of the club. The bar will open and we'll be showing the Six Nations encounter between England & France, and will stay open into the evening for disco dancing!
So how can you get involved?
Firstly, make sure that you enter the race, in both divisions if you can. It is £10 per seat to race (payable on the day) which goes to the club. If you are part of a squad, make sure you badger your coach to enter for you. If you're a privateer, please email to get your entry in, stating boat class and what boat you want to use.
Entries close on the 25th of January.
Secondly, please invite family and friends and help us make the most of the day. Spectators are welcome to watch the racing from Richmond Yacht Club's deck on the back of Eel Pie Island. And make sure that they join you afterwards for a drink or two at the bar, to enjoy the rugby and indulge at the barbecue… you'll have earned it after racing!
So please support the club and take part in the day. We raised several thousand pounds at last year's Club Head – this year we're aiming to do even better!
Please email any questions about the day here!
February 2nd 2012
Crew briefing 8.15
Racing starts at 9am
- Two divisions of high class racing action
- The bar will open straight after the racing
- We'll be showing the Six Nations clash between England & France on the big screen
- There will be a barbecue serving world class burgers and hot dogs after the racing finishes
- There will also be a cake sale offering some of the finest cakes ever seen in South West London (please bring cakes to sell)
- To enter, please email here
- Any boat class may be entered –
- 1x, 2x, 2-, 4x, 4-, 4+, 8+, mens, womens, junior, masters
- Entry is £10 per seat, payable on the day
- If you have any questions, please ask email here