TwRC VIII Crew
Henley Royal Regatta is undoubtedly the best known regatta in the world and is both one of the highlights of the summer sporting calendar and the social season. It attracts thousands of visitors over a 5 day period and spectators will be thrilled by over 200 races of an international standard, including Olympians and crews new to the event. Aside from the rowing, visitors can take in the ambience enjoying the facilities within the Enclosures.
- This year Twickenham Rowing Club had Had one VIII entered into the Thames Challenge Cup, featuring 8 of our best oarsmen. These athletes are a mix of people that have experienced rowing backgrounds, as well as people that early learnt to over the last 18 months or so.
- The VIII was successful in the first round, beating Marlow RC and securing a place for Thursday in the 2nd round.
- The VIII was beaten by Frankfurter RG which which went on to win the event on Sunday. This crew came 2nd at the German National Championships and included several junior international medalists.
Henley Women's Regatta:
- Two entrants in a women's open double scull - Marie Grant & Anna and a lightweight single sculler (Sarah Field) contested the event from TwRC with good showings in the racing they had been doing up until now.
- The double were victorious in the first round with a win over Mortlake Anglian & Alpha BC. The crew were beaten in the next round by strong opposition but the future bodes well for these young athletes.