This privacy statement sets out how Twickenham Rowing Club uses and protects any information that you give TWICKENHAM ROWING CLUB or when you use the TWICKENHAM ROWING CLUB website.
TWICKENHAM ROWING CLUB is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement for the purposes of effective running of Twickenham Rowing Club & its Regattas/Heads.
Twickenham Rowing Club may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
· Name and contact information including email address.
· Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
· Other information relevant to customer surveys.
· In relation to members we gather essential personal information such as Dates of Birth and relevant medical details
· Banking information to facilitate payment of fees or membership subscriptions.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to process our rowing and land training and our commercial activites and to better understand your needs and to provide you with a better service, and specifically for the following reasons:
· Internal record keeping.
· Organise officials and volunteers duties and rotas.
· To periodically send promotional emails about news relating to Regatta’s/Heads and associated operation that we think you may find interesting or of benefit.
· We may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes and may contact you by email, phone, fax or social media.
· We will never disclose your personal information to third parties nor sell your data to any other organisation without first seeking your personal and informed consent before doing so.
· To organize weddings Birthday parties etc.
· Where we hold information we do so on the basis of your informed consent or in the case of juniors with the consent of a parent or guardian.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable, physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computers hard drive. Once you agree, (by clicking on the message in our website) the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. A web application can tailor its operation to your needs by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps our website administrators analyse data about webpage traffic and to improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that third party website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website look for a box requiring you to indicate that you consent for the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. If this is not ticked by you, it will not be shared for that direct marketing activity.
· If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing, you may change your mind at any time by giving us notification in writing or by emailing TWICKENHAM ROWING CLUB.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties without your prior permission.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. Such requests can be made to the Secretary of TWICKENHAM ROWING CLUB at email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email TWICKENHAM ROWING CLUB as soon as possible and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.