Hammersmith Head - March 9th:
- Men’s 1st VIII (Sirmon, Meredith, Perry, Sandhu, Parker, Maccabe, Van Wachem, Lines, cox Burkitt) - 44th overall and 10th is IM2 eights Women’s 1st VIII (Smith, Kruimel, Walters, Hill, Taylor, Nicholls, Batchelor, Grant, cox - Malik, F) - 142nd overall and 6th in womens IM2 eights
- The following weekend was the Women’s Head of the River where our 1st VIII came a promising 138th overall and, perhaps more importantly, 11th in their category. The crew had literally just two outings and the Hammersmith Head from which to gel and were missing a couple of athletes through injury, but were still just 15 seconds off being up where last year’s crew was proving that there is much to play for in the summer
Women’s Head of the River - March 15th:
- Women’s 1st VIII (Smith, Kruimel, Walters, Hill, Taylor, Nicholls, Batchelor, Grant, and cox was - Malik, F) came 138th overall and 11th in IM3 Club
- Our men then headed off to Kingston Head with the luxury of some water time under their belts. Problems struck the First VIII though with two stroke siders having to drop out at the last minute through injury and illness. However, the crew got a very pleasing result despite rowing a long way below what they have shown in training. The Second VIII, made up of equal numbers of subs and crew members, had a difficult day being help back by a Marshall on the way up to the start after the six man’s footplate fell apart and being made to start last before seeing that they had been bested in the final standings by our Novice Men. Olly Cobb’s crew is a huge credit to him and rowed like tigers at Kingston. All eyes will be on them to see if they can beat the Second VIII at the Head of the River this Saturday.
Kingston Head of the River- March 22nd:
- Men's First VIII (Dixon, Meredith, Perry, Nelson, Parker, Maccabe, Moonen, Lines, and Cox was Malik M) came 8th in Division 2 and 5th in IM2.
- Eights Men's Novice VIII ( Palmer, Beard, Baines, Hunt, Jones, Hannon, Warren,Messa, and Cox was Liewellyn) came 35th in Division 2 and 8th in Novice Eights.
- Men's Second VIII (Traynor, Skeels, Delph, Bannister, Guest, Watson,Wood-Robinson, Boston , and Cox was LIewellyn) came 43rd in Division 2 and 10th in IM2
Men's Head of the River- March 29th:
- Men's First VIII ( Dixon, Maccabe, Perry, Sandhu, Parker, Banerjee, Mooned, Lines, and Cox was Burkitt) raching IM2 and starting at 170.
- Men's Second VIII (Traynor, Skeels, Walesby, Meredith, Guest, Watson, Sirmon, Boston, and Cox was LIewellyn) racing IM2 and starting 182.
- Men's Novice VIII (Palmer, Beard, Lester, Hunt, Jones, Hannon, Warren, Messa, and Cox was Claiden) racing novice and starting 373.